YMCA of the Wabash Valley Association Office
225 E Kruzan St., Brazil, IN 47834
Our Cause Defines Us
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That's why at the YMCAs of the Wabash Valley, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Our Strength is in Community
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That's because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive change. Throughout the Wabash Valley we serve over 430 children in our afterschool care program throughout Clay and Vigo counties. In 2017, we provided 24,328 meals to children in need through the Clay Youth Food Program.
Additionally, we provide a well-rounded, holistic health and wellness environment to over 7,000 members including fitness rooms, free-weight rooms, child watch for ages 6 weeks to 12 years, a pool in Vigo County, an indoor track and sauna in Clay County, over 30 classes and so much more..
Join Today! BE A PART OF SOMETHING MORE!
Ready to join the YMCA of the Wabash Valley?
Call 812-442-6761 for Clay County 812-232-8446 for Vigo County
Code Of Conduct
Our Mission: “To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.”
We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. Our mission statement and core values serve as a basis for our Code of Conduct. Consistent with these guiding principles we expect individuals to behave in a manner that is caring, honest, respectful and responsible at all times when on the YMCA campus or participating in our programs.
Examples of unacceptable actions while participating at the YMCA include, but are not limited to:
- Harassment or intimidation by words, actions or any type of menacing or degrading behavior, verbal abuse, vulgar language, name-calling, or shouting
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any object that may be used as a weapon (Law enforcement personnel are exempt)
- Sexually explicit conversation, behavior or sexual contact with another person
- Verbally abusive behavior, including vulgar language, name-calling or shouting
- Inappropriate, immodest or sexually revealing attire
- Using, possessing or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal chemicals on the premises
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA
- Use of tobacco products
- The use of video recorders, cameras, cellular phones equipped with cameras, or other visual recording devices for picture taking is not allowed within the YMCA without written consent of the branch director
- Anyone caught taking pictures of another person, other than their own family members, without their permission and knowledge may have their participation privileges revoked and could face prosecution
Participation in YMCA activities and facilities by sexual offenders is denied and participation privileges will be revoked for any current member or participant who is considered a sex and/or violent offender as defined by the Indiana Code
Please notify staff if you have questions or need assistance. The staff of the YMCA reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of behavior to ensure compatibility with the YMCA mission and Code of Conduct. Reported incidents will be investigated by the branch director.
Behavior that is contrary to our mission and core values may result in either suspended or terminated participation privileges.